Discretix Cryptographic Accelerator
Discretix Cryptographic Engines
Discretix cryptographic engines are widely deployed in leading system-on-chip solutions. Discretix provides high-quality, ready-to-use cryptographic engines, to support variety of applications. Included in Discretix’s family of cryptographic engines are symmetric ciphers, asymmetric ciphers, Hash and random number generators.
DxPKA - General Description
The Public Key Accelerator (PKA) is a general purpose long arithmetic engine, providing acceleration for asymmetric mathematical computations. The PKA offloads processor-intensive functions from the main CPU, by performing computation such as large numbers multiplication and exponentiation. The PKA significantly improves performance of computationally intensive public key algorithms such as RSA, Diffie-Helman (D-H) and Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), which are used in various secure networking protocols and DRM schemes.
The DxPKA can also implement other arithmetic operations such as: addition subtraction, multiplication, division and their respective modular and inverse modular operations. In addition the DxPKA can implement logical operations such as compare, copy, shift, AND, XOR etc. The PKA interfaces the CPU as a peripheral using memory mapped registers and programmable memory regions. The PKA utilizes a small-size dedicated RAM as a working computation space. This RAM can be access by CPU when PKA is idle.
PKA Block Diagram
- Supports standards and non standard integer operations from 128-bits to 2112-bits
- Support RSA, Diffie-Hellman (D-H) and various ECC schemes (EC-DH, EC-DSA) for variable key/field size
- Easily integrated as a processor peripheral
- Performance: 54 modular exponentiation operations with 1024-bit operands per second at 200MHz
- Area: 34K Gates and 2Kbyte RAM
- Includes ANSI-C source code of the public key primitives
Contact us for more information