Mobile TV Security
Securing the Distribution and Consumption of TV on Mobile Devices
The Discretix Mobile TV Security Client secures the distribution and consumption of mobile TV broadcasts, enabling a broad range of business models. In order to take advantage of the opportunities in this vibrant and fast growing market, mobile devices require interoperable solutions that offer the flexibility to meet evolving requirements and business models, in a single integration framework.
A Single Security Solution Supporting Multiple Schemes
The Discretix MobileTV Security Client implements mobile TV schemes in use today, associated cases and scenarios. In addition, it provides an easy migration path to add new schemes as they emerge. The Client supports Microsoft's PlayReady DRM, the 4C Entity's CPRM, the Digital Content Protection's HDCP and the DTLA's DTCP-IP.
Optimal User Experience Coupled with the Highest Level of Mobile TV Security
The Discretix Mobile TV Security Client ensures a completely transparent user experience, with no degradation in performance or playback time. The Client provides the highest possible levels of security and robustness against unauthorized access of protected content, meeting the stringent requirements set by content owners and operators.
Hardware-Based Security Solutions
The Discretix Mobile TV Security Client seamlessly integrates with hardware-based security solutions from all leading mobile application processor vendors. The Client fully utilizes the platform's underlying embedded security capabilities at the operating system level, including cryptographic accelerators, secure execution environment, secure key management, robust secure storage and secure content path.
Ease of Implementation
The Discretix Mobile TV Security Client has a simplified infrastructure and integration framework that utilizes a unified API to the application layer (i.e. ESG browser and multimedia player), regardless of the underlying mobile TV security scheme. In addition, Discretix' Security Middleware delivers the security and cryptographic services needed by mobile TV security services using a single API, irrespective of the platform's hardware capabilities.
- Industry compliant - conforms to operators’ requirements, supports
- Faster time-to-market - already integrated with major platforms, operating systems and application frameworks
- Lower costs - robust and efficient implementation
- Reduced risks - backed by Discretix' leadership position in the embedded security market
- Full support for standard mobile TV schemes: OMA BCAST DRM and SmartCard profiles, DVB-H IPDC 18Crypt, ISMAcryp, SRTP, IPSec
- Content descrambling support for DVB-H IPDC OSF
- OMA (BCAST) DRM Profile over ATSC M/H
- Secure storage of related keys, licenses and content
- Trusted usage of related keys and authenticating content processing software
- Trusted execution of program code
- Secured link to UICC and to other Mobile TV elements
Supported Hardware Platforms:
- Texas Instruments OMAP™
- Intel Atom
- Renesas SH-Mobile
- Qualcomm MSM
- Marvell PXA
Extensive OS & UI Support:
- Moblin 2.0
- Symbian v9.x
- Windows Mobile v5, v6.1, V6.5
- Embedded Linux
- Qualcomm BREW